Friday, January 23, 2015

Top 5 Mascara Picks!

If the eyes are the windows to the soul, then your lashes are the drapes that frame them beautifully. Don’t believe me? Ask the ancient Egyptians who first tinted their eye-lashes by using bone or ivory applicators to apply a pigment made from kohl, burnt almonds or lead mixed with honey or crocodile droppings. Yes, it was that serious! There was a time when I wouldn’t leave home without a full face of make-up. These days, I only throw on some tinted moisturizer, a slick of lip balm and numerous coats of mascara before heading out to face the world. While everything else is negotiable, I would never leave home without adding a bit of ‘oomph’ to my lashes. I’ve put together a list of ‘must have’ (or at least must try) mascaras that have allowed me to flutter my way through many makeup free days with complete confidence.




Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara: Revlon claims that this mascara would help your lashes grow longer, fuller and thicker with continued use. I’ve been using this for a hot minute and while I can’t attest to Revlon’s claims, I love how natural this product makes my lashes look. Definitely great for everyday use without making your lashes look fake (Ulta.com, $7.99).
Maybelline ‘The Falsies’ Mascara: If you’re not a wearer of false lashes but want the look of it, this bad boy from Maybelline is perfect for that. Being an avid tester of products, I usually never use too many items for too long as there’s always something new on the market. I have, however, repurchased this mascara every time I’ve run out. A true testimony; it lives up to its claims. No false hopes here ladies, it does what it says! (Ulta.com, $6.99).
MAC Zoom Lash Mascara: While MAC isn’t really known for their mascaras, this smudge-proof formula creates the ideal mix of thick, dense volume while adding a bit of length and definition to your lashes. Your lashes will remain clump and flake free until you remove this product with an oil-based cleanser. For those seeking a good waterproof mascara to add to their makeup arsenal, this is it! (Maccosmetics.com, $16.00).
Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara: By far THE best all in one type of mascara that I’ve ever used. Lengthen, thicken, darken and volumize in one stroke. This product delivers on every claim that it makes. If you’re after a product that you can truly multitask with then this is the one for you. One application gives you soft, natural looking lashes while a few coats can turn good girl lashes into the ultimate lash vixen (Sephora.com $19.00)
Maybelline Colossal “Cat Eyes” Volum’ Express Mascara: The best thing about this mascara is the brush! Thin lashes can finally revel in the plumpness this product delivers while still remaining soft and natural. The curved brush also allows you to be able to ditch your eyelash curler as it helps curl your lashes as you apply. Can you say, meow? (Ulta.com, $6.99)


*originally curated for The COCO Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love i when you say hello :)